10 Years Ago:
I guess at that time, I had been home from my mission for about 3 months and was working as a receptionist/office manager for Henriksen/Butler Design while waiting to start BYU in the fall. That summer I started singing in Millennium Choir with Lex de Azevedo and have been doing that ever since. Wow, how the time flies.
Thing TO Do on my list today:
It is already late in the afternoon so most everything is done or not going to get done. I find that I don't make lists or else I spend all day feeling guilty about the things I was supposed to do and didn't. I guess that makes me lazy.
The three things on my list to absolutely do today were:
1. Take the kids to get their hair cut.
2. Call and make appointments for well check-ups for Holly and Allison with the doctor.
3. Teach piano.
I have actually done all of these.
The things I should have done today which were not on my list because I didn't want to do them:
1. Fold and put away the laundry that has been sitting in the laundry room since Thurs.
2. Sweep the dirt that the kids have tracked in through the kitchen and the hallway.
3. Clean all the junk sitting on the island.
I probably will sweep the hallway and the kitchen since I can't stand the dirt, but I hate doing it everyday, several times a day. I am hoping the new grass will help with the dirt problem. Unfortunately, they say we can't walk on it for two weeks!
Can you tell that I am not the most organized person, or the best housekeeper?
What would I do if I were suddenly made a billionaire?
Ok, this is probably going to sound selfish since I already live in a nice house but I would probably buy/build a new house. I would do all the upgrades that I wish we could have afforded on this house. I would go crazy buying new, cute clothes for my kids. I would definitely hire someone to clean my house. I would go out to eat at least once a week. I would go to movies when they first came out instead of waiting for them to get to the dollars or DVD. I'm sure we would save and plan for retirement and help whoever we could. I would set aside money for my kids and grandkids education like my grandpa did. I would probably spend like crazy for awhile and then calm down a bit. Do, I sound shallow?
3 of my bad habits:
1. I tend to have a short fuse. I wish I had more patience.
2. I am lazy. If I don't want to do something, like housework, I tend to not do it until absolutely necessary.
3. I can't be trusted to carry cash. If I have it, I spend it on fast food. Again, it's that laziness factoring in. I don't want to spend the time to make the kids lunch so if we are out and I have cash, we grab something.
Places I have lived:
1. Houston, Texas
2. Taylorsville, Utah
3. Ephraim, Utah (Snow College)
4. Provo, Utah (BYU)
5. South Carolina (mission)
6. North Salt Lake, Utah
7. South Jordan, Utah
Jobs I have had:
1. Server - Golden Living Retirement Center
2. Receptionist/Phone Operator - Financial Freedom Report/FFR Marketing
3. Receptionist/Office Manager - Henriksen/Butler Design
4. Custodial - BYU
5. Elementary School Teacher - Jordan School District
6. Children's Choir Director/Piano Teacher
6 Things people don't know about me:
1. I have been bungee chord jumping. SCARY!!!
2. I have never been snow skiing.
3. I spend way too much time on the computer. (Well, you probably all can figure that one out!)
4. I took tap dance lessons while I was in high school because the musical we were doing required tap dancing.
5. I love to read cheesy, church romances.
6. My kids haven't figured out that I am the smartest woman they know. . . yet.
(7). I hate these things.
I tag . . .
Melissa
Joanna
Anyone else who would like to let us know a little about themselves. :)
1 comment:
Amen, sister, on the billionaire stuff...btw, Allison's hair is soooooo cute!!!
Post a Comment