Monday, April 14, 2008

HOLE-IN-ONE

Saturday, in honor of Jeremy's birthday, we took the kids miniature golfing. They have been asking to go for a long time so they were quite excited. Holly got a pink golf club and a pink ball. She was thrilled. They even had a little golf club for Allison and she carried it upside down the whole time. We got her to use it two or three times but mostly she just carried the ball up to the hole and dropped it in and then cheered for herself. Dalton has apparently discovered the joys of cheating. He would hit the ball, swinging the club like a baseball bat complete with the tap on the ground before he swung, and then follow it along pushing with his hand or his club all the way to the hole. Then he would turn back to make sure we weren't looking and push the ball into the hole and then yell excitedly, "hole-in-one!" I have never seen someone get so many in one game. I would have thought that he would want to spend more time hitting the ball with the club, but he was more interested in the outcome.
The kids had a great time. The weather was great and it was the perfect day to be outside. I won't mention the scores, because although Jeremy did very well, I gave a poor showing. I told Jeremy that it was because I had my purse over my shoulder and I was holding the score card and pencil while I was swinging. He offered to take them from me, but I opted to keep them so I had an excuse for my less than stellar performance.
The sad thing is that I had my camera with me in my purse the whole time, but I didn't once think to stop and take a picture. Too bad! The kids looked pretty darn cute with their little golf clubs. Next time, I guess.

No comments: