I love warm summer evenings when it is light late into the evening and everyone is out just to be out. We went on a walk for FHE last night and when we got back we sat on the front lawn and had popcicles. Pretty soon the neighbors came out and were visiting with us. We ended up with four families just talking while the kids had a blast playing together. In the midst of all this, Jeremy turned to me and said that this was what he loved. In fact, we wish it would happen more often. This rainy spring has left us missing our neighbors since we haven't been able to be outside as often.
We absolutely love living where there are so many young kids around for ours to play with. We have the best neighbors. We have been so lucky to have moved into an area with so many great people. We couldn't be happier!
4 comments:
I Love it too! Here's to warm summer nights (may they come NOW!)
That would be heavenly. It's much to hot here! You would think that by 9:00, it would have cooled down a bit, but nope. Still hot as can be. Yuck. We don't do the nice leisurely walks around the neighborhood anymore. Glad that you are making friends.
Yep, I'm with you. I love hanging out with neighbors in the evenings. Sounds like you've got a fantastic neighborhood.
I wish that our neighbors were more like yours. We go out and nobody is around. So sad! I would say it's the weather, but it's not. We just have hermit neighbors...
Enjoy!
Post a Comment