Never have I had a child who was so interested in bugs before. Allison is fascinated by them. Some make her scream and others she collects. Her favorites at the moment are "P-tato bugs" and "Lady Birds". I tried to explain that they are really called ladybugs but she wouldn't believe me. She catches them outside and then brings them in the house to show me. We began just putting them in a tupperware cup with holes poked in the top but then one day a kids meal we got came with a special cup for bugs that had a magnifying glass in the lid so you could see the bugs a little closer. Ally was delighted. Unfortunately for the bugs, I can't convince her to release them once they have been caught so we now have a cup full of dead "P-tato Bugs and Lady Birds". Lucky us. 
5 comments:
Cute girl! I showed Lilian a ladybug a few weeks ago....let it crawl around her hand and arm. She thought it was cool. Then about a week ago she found a spider in the house and was delighted! Picked it up, giggled as it crawled all over her...and then squished in between her fingers on her way to show me. :) Ladybugs and spiders are not really the same in cuteness factor...but at least she doesn't scream when she see's a spider like the other kids used to do, right?
Right now my boys are fascinated with snails. I'm angry with them (the snails not the boys) because they've eaten my petunias. They are slimy and nasty. I don't like bugs of all varieties.
Love the "lady birds"! She was just so darn adamant that she was right and ladybugs was wrong. it's a great thing that she has such conviction
I LOVE having her walk up to me with a handful of tato bugs! I'm always shocked to see about 5 of them clutched tightly in her fist, alive!
(Hey, at least it's not BABY MICE!)
We have a bug-lover in our house too. I think it is darling that she calls them lady birds. I can just picture her saying it in that cute little voice of hers.
Post a Comment