Wednesday, March 25, 2009

LITTLE MADDY

My sister, Melissa, had her baby on March 2nd. At the time I had a terrible cold and so I wasn't able to go see the baby for a while. We were finally able to go visit little Madelyn when she was two weeks old. She is a sweetheart, however, when I placed my sweet little 5 month old Jackson next to little two week old Maddy, Jackson looked huge!I could not believe how big my little baby looked. It's amazing to me how fast they grow and how little we notice until we are able to compare them with someone else younger. In a few more weeks we are going to get to know Maddy very well around here. My sister is going to have to go back to work and Madelyn will be coming to stay with us during the days. As they get a little older Maddy and Jackson will hopefully be great friends. I have to admit that I am a little nervous for the first little while. It will definitely take some getting used to. I am excited to be able to help Melissa out though. So, welcome little Maddy, we are looking forward to getting to know you better.

2 comments:

Darin and Joanna said...

I know they grow so fast!!!! Your fence looks great, and I love the flowers. Up north no blooms yet, but there is some green pushing up through the dirt....to bad today they are once again covered in snow....hopefully spring will be here to stay soon!

Melissa@thebblog said...

I'm nervous for you Katie! I hope that she is a perfect angel for you!!! (for both our sakes!) thank you for being willing. I'm so glad that she has a cousin so close in age that she can grow up with!