Saturday, March 14, 2009

GETTING STARTED

Yeah, we are finally getting a fence put up! The price is a little hard to swallow but I am thrilled to think that we will finally be able to have a little privacy in our backyard. I am also hoping that the fence will help keep some of the dirt and tumbleweeds from the field out of our yard and our window wells. Last Monday they came and installed our porch railing. I really like how it turned out! Then on Tuesday they came and installed the posts. Monday or Tuesday they will be back to install the slats and then we will have a fully functioning fence. Yeah! We went with tan all along the back and sides to match the neighbors but we decided to do two tone across the front (the part that will be seen from the front of the house). We are also going to have a little decorative lattice across the top or just the front. I took a few pictures to show the progress but I will have to take more when it is all done. I am so excited to see how it all looks. Will it make our yard look smaller or larger? I am also very happy to think that our yard will no longer be used as the way for kids to cut through the field on their bikes. I love the idea that I will be able to let the kids go play in the backyard without having to worry that they are going to leave the grass and get run over by big cement trucks or tractors. I can't wait!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Oh yes. Fences are so nice when you have little kids. Send them out to play without worrying. My only problem is sometimes the older boys will open the gate and won't close it and Abby will get out without me knowing.

DD said...

Now you just need to teach that lawn how to be a real lawn and you'll be already for summer.
Dad