Wednesday, March 11, 2009

SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT

I slept through the night last night. Yeah! Jackson did too, I think. It could have been that I was just so tired that I didn't hear him and wake up but I guess that still counts, right? We have been trying to get Jackson to sleep through the night for a little while now. Several weeks ago I stopped feeding him at night and when he woke up I would just put his pacifier back in and he would go back to sleep. That was ok because it took less time than feeding but I was still getting up and for some reason he decided that if all he was getting was the pacifier he now needed to wake up twice for it instead of the once that he was doing for nursing. Anyway, two nights ago, I decided that I just needed to let him cry it out. I was getting so sleep deprived because I was sick and coughing all night myself and then when I did get to sleep Jackson would wake me up wanting his pacifier. So, Monday night Jeremy and I took turns going in and trying to calm him down without giving him the pacifier. It took an hour or so but he did finally go to sleep. Last night I figured that we had at least a few more days of that but I woke up this morning without ever hearing Jackson cry. Like I said earlier, maybe he did cry and I just didn't hear it, but I kind of doubt it. No one else came in and bothered me last night either so I officially had my first full nights sleep in months. Now tonight we will have to see if it is for real or if it was just a fluke.

4 comments:

Melissa@thebblog said...

I hope it wasn't just a fluke! I am commiserating with you and the night feedings - it takes about 6 months huh? sigh.

Liz said...

I hope that he keeps this up for you! I've had a few lucky nights in the last week with David, where he's starting to finally sleep in longer stretches of 5-6 hours, and even one blessed 8 hour stretch. Sleep is wonderful, isn't it?

Darin and Joanna said...

Yeah!! Happy day!

Andrea said...

NO FAIR!! Maybe I'll give ya a call at 12am, 1am, 3am, 4:30am...... when I'm getting up. j/k

I had a sore throat in the night, and Bella's been sick too, so I feel I can't just let her cry it out!