Thursday, March 12, 2009
A RUDE AWAKENING
So, I didn't sleep through the night last night. Thankfully, Jackson did. I was woken up first by Holly at 1:00. She had lost her blankets and instead of just picking them up off the floor she cried and waited for me to come get them. By itself that wouldn't have been that bad but then at 4:45 our smoke alarm went off. Jeremy and I jumped out of bed trying to figure out what was going on. Boy, are those things loud. We quickly ascertained that there was not a fire and we figured that we just needed to put in a new battery. Unfortunately, the ceilings in our bedroom are vaulted so Jeremy had to run down to the garage to bring up the ladder. The other surprising thing is that we actually had a 9 volt battery on hand. Anyway, once we got the battery changed it stopped blaring. Amazingly enough, Dalton was the only one who woke up. He wandered into our room with his Pokemon card binder ready to be awake. I got him back into bed while Jeremy was putting away the ladder. By the time we got back into bed it was about 5:20. However, now we were both wide awake. So, we laid there and laid there trying unsuccessfully to get back to sleep. At 6:00 we heard Jackson awake and playing in his room and we gave up the idea of going back to sleep. Jeremy headed off to work early since things are quite busy at work anyway, and I am wondering how I am going to make it through this day having been up since 4:45. I'm sure that once I get going I will be ok but boy am I feeling it right now. Time to get up and get moving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Ugh! Sounds like you are going to need a nap. Easier said than done, though, right? :)
We've had to pull out our ladder and mess with smoke detectors in the middle of the night too. But in our case it was just because it was chirping and needed a new battery. But when it chirps every 30 seconds or so you have enough time to just about fall asleep and then it chirps again...I just can't sleep through it. Drives me crazy! I'm sure the blaring alarm would've been much worse. I'm shocked none of the other kids woke up!
That's too funny that Dalton came in with his Pokemon binder, he wanted to save that I guess. I have a love hate relationship with the smoke detectors. they are great if you need them but when they have a mind of their own it stresses me out a bit. Hope you get a nap today.
I hate it when those alarms go off like that! Actually, I ALWAYS set off my kitchen smoke alarm when cooking, and of course it trips them all (seriously, it happens like once a week.) That must say something about my cooking!
Hope you are surviving! Sounds like a lousy night!
Yuck! I hate nights light that. Hopefully everyone will be so tired tonight you'll sleep peacefully!
You will appreciate this--I actually kept waking up all night having had dreams about the fence being screwed up. Sorry you had such a hard night.
Mine only beep about every 30 seconds or so when the battery is dying. I would hate the real alarm to go off every time it needed to be changed. I guess that is a good way of making sure that you know that your batteries are in good condition. That is, unless you remove that battery all together!
I am so sorry,Katie.We have had that happen to us before also.Ofcourse the alarm had to run out of battery in the middle of the night.I was also surprised my kids stayed asleep too.How can they stay asleep with that loud sound blarring??!!Hope you got some sleep.We have to get together soon!
That is a stinky night!
Post a Comment