Saturday, April 11, 2009

AWE INSPIRING!


For the past 11 years I have been singing in Lex de Azevedo's Millennium Choir. It is an amazing thing to be a part of. Last night we sang the first of our two Hosanna concerts. It was incredible! Hosanna is the Easter story put to music using only the words from the scriptures. It is wonderful to be able to feel the spirit that is there as we sing of the last supper, the trial, the crucifixion, and the resurrection. It is hard to describe the feelings I have as I sing the words of Christ.
Last night, after our concert, I was walking through the crowd when suddenly I found myself standing in front of Elder L. Tom Perry. He shook my hand and told me what a great job we had done. I was so impressed that he would take time from his busy schedule to come and even more impressed that he would stay around after to shake hands and talk to people. The violinist who performes with us is Jenny Oaks Baker, Elder Oaks' daughter. He will be coming tonight, and if rumors are correct Elder Ballard will be coming as well. It is such an awe inpiring thing to see these great men up close--to feel their spirits. When I was in high school I had the opportunity to sing in the Administration Bldg. and Pres. (then Elder) Hinckley and Pres. (then Elder) Monson came out and shook our hands. As my brother-in-law put it last night, these are the 15 most important people and the closest to Christ and I live in an area where I can see them in person and shake their hands and talk to them. How lucky and blessed I am!

2 comments:

Anon said...

You are so lucky!!! And what a beautiful gift of music you have! You are a pretty awesome person and I am glad that you got to have such a neat experience. Thank you for sharing your talents with my Olivia, she loves you so much and always tells me how nice you are. Thank you!

Janna said...

I agree. I haven't had the opportunity of singing in such a choir as you, but when I have had the opportunity to sing the words that Christ has spoken, it is indescribeable (is that even a word?). Anyway, what an amazing experience that must have been for you!
We do live in such a great part of the world to be able to rub shoulders with the 15 most important men that live on the earth. I have had the opportunity to meet most of the 12 and the 1st presidency. The spirit the glows from them is amazing!!! It increases my testimony every time I think about them.