Sunday, November 30, 2008
Tradition Continued
In my family we had a tradition that the night we put up the Christmas tree we would get to sleep on the floor under/around it. We have continued that tradition in our little family. The kids think it is the greatest thing to be able to sleep on the floor in the living room. As kids, my sisters and I used to play 20 questions with the ornaments on the tree. I don't know what my kids did except go to sleep. We were sitting in the family room while they were drifting off to sleep so we stopped any talking before it got too out of hand. I was worried about Allison joining Holly and Dalton this year but she did great. I sure love to look at sleeping children. That's about the only time they are peaceful and not in chaos.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Aw, cute!
Grampa Dalton
How fun. My kids would never wind down like that. They are so cute.
We have plans to do that at our house too. We just don't tend to do it the first night the tree is up....usually because there's still boxes everywhere from all the other decor. Decorating for Christmas usually takes me all weekend.
CUTE! I love this tradition and might have to copy it one day!
My address is 1464 S. 100 E., Orem, UT 84058. I hope to get a card from everyone in your family! :)
Yay Christmas! I love putting up the tree and decorations. My kids would NEVER fall asleep under the tree like that - they'd probably be climbing the tree at midnight or something.
Great tradition! And yes...sleeping children are the most peaceful sight EVER! When we getting together for a girls night again???
Post a Comment