I hate potty training! I keep thinking that Allison is to the point where I need to be working with her on potty training. We have been bribing her with all kinds of treats and toys but she hasn't seemed too interested. Finally, she decided that she really would like a Melody Barbie like Holly and we told her we would get her one when she went pee-pee on the potty. Since she was slightly interested I decided that I would bite the bullet and make a real effort this morning. So, at 8:15 we got the little potty and put it in front of the TV, stipped Ally down, got lots of M&Ms and started talking about how we could go to the store to get a Melody Barbie as soon as she went potty. Allison actually sat on the potty watching TV and eating M&Ms for about an hour before she decided that she needed to get up and stretch her legs. I tried to swallow my anxiety while she ran naked on my family room carpet which I just got cleaned. I'm afraid I didn't do too well. I kept stressing out and trying to get her back onto the potty. We sang songs, played games and talked about her Barbie all in an effort to keep her on the potty but she was growing tired of it. Finally I sent Holly upstairs to grab a pair of plastic lined underwear. Ally put those on and I felt a little better but then I spent every few minutes asking her if the pee-pee was coming and checking her underwear to see if they were still dry. We did big high fives everytime I checked because they were still dry. However, about 2 minutes after I had last checked (it was now 11:30) I noticed Allison squatting in a strange way and looking down at the underwear. I asked her if she needed to go pee-pee to which she finally answered yes and I grabbed the potty. Unfortunately, she informed me that she wanted to do it upstairs. So, I grabbed her and the potty and ran upstairs but we were too late. I'm sure that we were actually too late even by the time I asked her if she needed to go and she said yes. I was so frustrated that I just threw a diaper on her. She is going to be going down for a nap soon anyway. I feel like I just wasted the entire morning. I am still in my sweats with no makeup on or hair done.
Holly was so easy to potty train. I am afraid that Allison will be a nightmare. Maybe I'll just wait until after Christmas. Uggh! I hate potty training!
8 comments:
Yep! I hate potty training too...and I'm right in the middle of it! I've got through lots of carpet spot cleaner, and we do lots of laundry for all the wet panties and pants. It's a good thing that Abby is doing better. Just getting started is the hardest part. Keep going. It'll get easier!
I hear ya! I bought Aidan Lightening McQueen pullups last week hoping he would notice more when he's wet or dirty and want to be changed, and hoping he'd want to be a "big boy" and start wanting underwear. Nope. He sits in those pullups until they're practically bursting at the seams, then throws a tantrum when I have to change him. Like he could totally sit in poop forever. He is so NOT into potty training right now.
BTW, I'm still in my pj's with no makeup or whatever, and I have no excuse. my sister-in-law came over and I had to excuse myself to put a bra on. Days like these......I'm trying to fold laundry to no avail.
I must admit, I'm a bit terrified of the idea of trying to potty train Anna. I have just decided to not even worry at all about it until this baby is born and a couple months old, so I'm waiting for sometime after the new year.
Good luck--I'm sure I'll need lots of advice!
I got lucky with Banks - he is all trained and no more diapers for me! I actually don't know how it happened. One day he put on underpants, and went pee on the potty in front of the tv and then decided he wanted to go like his brothers, and we never had to empty the little potty again! I am usually in my pj's until I take Kaige to school - It's just easier that way! Good luck with the potty training. It will click when she is ready.
Oh,I feel for you Katie!I just went through that!It is no fun.But is sure worth it when it's all done.Van is pretty much potty-trained. he is in underwear all day. But I put pullups at night,because he sometimes doesn't get up in time to go potty.He has been my hardest.Maybe a fourth child thing?
I'm so with ya, on the hating potty training!! After Christmas sounds like a good idea! Good luck!
I hate potty training as well! With both of my boys I just ended up waiting until they were 3 and then it went pretty fast! Carter however had a set back when Myah was born and really wasn't potty trained until this summer. Now it is great!, but I just dread the fact that I still have one in diapers and will have to go through it all over again!!! Good luck!
NO words of advice from me. . . .just sympathy. Hang in there!
Your kids are so cute. Dalton looks just like his Dad-- I can hardly believe how much they've grown.
Glad you have a blog so I can keep up with you better!
Post a Comment