Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Chaos!

My house is in CHAOS! We have just reached our year mark so we are having all kinds of work done. Yesterday we had some guys come in to fix several squeaks in our floor. They have tried several times to fix them. They have tried screwing up from the basement, no luck. They have screwed right down through the carpet--this left marks in the carpet and we had to get our carpet replaced. So, this time they had us move all the furniture out of our living room, family room and the girl's room so they could pull back the carpet and screw down from the top.
When we moved the couch out of the family room we notice that the carpet was looking a little dirty right in front of the couch where all the feet are so I figured that while the furniture was all moved out I should have someone come in and clean the family room carpet. Nice idea, right? Well, I called around and found someone who wasn't super expensive and who, most importantly, said he could come that day. He said that he would be over around 2:00 but before 4:00 when I had to teach piano. Of course, the time came and went. He called and said that the job he was on was taking longer than he thought so he asked if he could come later in the evening. I said sure, what else could I say? Later that evening he called again giving me his sob story as to why he wasn't there, and asked if he could come tomorrow at noon. Well it is now tomorrow at 2:30 and I still haven't seen him. He has called to let me know that he will be over as soon as his other job is done. Jeremy thinks I should just call him and tell him not to come and to find someone else but, ever the optomist, I keep thinking he will show up any minute. If he doesn't come by tonight though, I will bag the whole idea and just use our steam cleaner. I am not living another day in this mess!
UPDATE: Larry, the carpet guy, just called me (2:40pm) and said that he was on his way but asked if it was alright for him to stop at Carl's Junior on the way over to grab a sandwich. Of course I said, yes, but I would have liked to have said, ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?! JUST GET OVER HERE! Sometimes I wish I didn't feel like I had to be so nice all the time. He had better do a good job.
UPDATE 2: It is now 2:52 and Jackson is screaming at me to feed him. I just know that as soon as I start nursing the carpet guy will show up.
UPDATE 3: It's 3:11. I didn't start nursing and he still isn't here. I could have been done by now! Ah--the doorbell just rang. FINALLY!!!

6 comments:

Janna said...

It is now 3:15....is he there yet?? You are way too nice. After the first phone call I would have told him to bag it!

Unknown said...

I hope he gave you a discount. That is ridiculous. Next time call Austin Bink's guys. They are fabulous.

Melissa@thebblog said...

so frustrating!!! poor full mommy and poor empty baby!

Mary said...

What a pain. I hate waiting around for fix it people. It seems like even though I don't have anywhere to go, it's the thought that I couldn't leave if I needed to that irritates me. And of course, they are always at the end of their time frame not the beginning...that is if they even come during their time frame!

DD said...

Ah, but at least he called you! I have had service men just not show up and not show up and they I call them and we reschedule a day. And then they don't show up again! I told Daddy I'd be happier if they would just keep me informed of what was happening, then I wouldn't be so mad at them.
Glad your carpet is cleaned and the squeaks de-squeaked (we hope).
Mommy

Emily said...

How frustrating!! I hope you finally got your carpets cleaned!!