
Ally's kindergarten had their Mother's Day program yesterday. The kids are off track but we went back so Allison could participate, plus I had already paid for our lunches (in the cafeteria after the program) before I realized that we were going to be off track. I was glad we went back. The program is all music and it has been the same for all the years since Dalton was in kindergarten 5 years ago. They sing songs with and without actions. Ally was pretty timid.

She did not do many of the actions but she sang every song. As I watched I was filled with love for my third born. She is very independent and yet loves to hear reassurance of my love for her. She loves to play with friends but is also quite content playing dolls by herself. I am amazed at how much she is growing. She was one of the littlest ones up on the stage but when I looked up at her all I could think of was how big she was. I worry a little about my kids growing up. I don't know how I will handle teenagers. Will we be great friends? Will I be the awful mother who is constantly making them do things they don't want to do? Will I know how to talk to them and get them to share their lives with me? I wonder about all those things as I watch my kids in their various activities. How grateful I am that we are all growing and developing together. Hopefully we can build the relationships now that will carry over when they are older. More than anything I just want them to know that they are loved!

 |
| Lunch in the school cafeteria. A first for both Ally and Jack! |
 |
| Being silly! |
 |
| How lucky I am to be a mother to these two! |
No comments:
Post a Comment