Thursday, May 3, 2012

Lost!

Jeremy took me out on a real date the other night.  Normally, after picking up the babysitter, we just get in the car and ask each other what we want to do.  We don't plan.  This night was different.  Jeremy planned the whole evening and it was a secret just like back when we were dating.  Jeremy drove me downtown and we went to check out the new City Creek Center.  It was so fun!  Jeremy had been there once before but I had never seen it.  It was so fun to check out all the new shops.  We walked through Rolex and Tiffany's, checking out how the other half live.  We had dinner there and then got back in the car and drove to The Gateway to see The Hunger Games.  We had not seen that yet so it was a very pleasant surprise.  Our show was at 6:50 and we pulled into the parking garage at about 6:50 so we just parked in the first place we could find and ran in.  Amazingly enough we didn't miss any of the movie.  After the movie we leisurely walked around the Gateway just enjoying each other and the pleasant evening.  However, when we got back to the parking garage we couldn't remember where we had parked the car.  That is highly unlike Jeremy.  He always seems to have an inate sense of direction.  I guess it was because we were in such a hurry to get into the movie that we didn't pay attention to where we parked.  The other thing that added to our confusion was that we had been in another underground parking garage that evening and we kept remembering things that were from the City Creek parking garage.  We remembered that it was blue and had a bear but that was not the right parking garage.  We literally walked around in circles on two different floors trying to remember where the car was.  Jeremy was holding down the alarm button on his keys the whole time hoping we would get close enough to the car for it to start beeping.  All I could think about was an episode from Sienfeld where they spent the entire time in an underground parking garage looking for their car.  Luckily we weren't carrying anything heavy with us!  Eventually we began to remember small details and finally found the car.  I have no idea how long we wondered that parking garage but it felt like a long time!  I can assure you that next time, no matter how late we are, we will pay attention to our surroundings and the details of where we parked!

3 comments:

Mary said...

We've done that before. Only it was with Ryan's parents at a BYU football game. Ryan's Dad couldn't remember where he had parked. We wandered up by the Marriott Center, in the dark and cold for a long time before he realized that we were on completely the wrong side of the football field. At least by that time most of the awful traffic was gone. Fun memories right?

Melissa@thebblog said...

oh too funny. I haven't done it but when Uncle Mike and I came to pick me and Sarah up from the San Antonio airport years ago, we wandered around looking for his. Good think all the wandering didn't cause you to have to go to the bathroom. you know, if you hold it you can get uromysitisis!

Darin and Joanna said...

Ha ha! That parking lot is so confusing. I did the same thing there once and I was with my kids alone. I wasn't sure I would ever find it! Darin and I just watched that episode of seinfeld the other night....funny! I'm glad you had a fun night!