So, I realize this is bragging, but I am very excited. I just ran a half marathon on my treadmill in the basement. I have been wanting to see if I could do it for a while now, and this morning I just kept going and going. I ran for 2 hours and 12 minutes and watched a few episodes of MacGyver. Someday, I will run a real half marathon outside. It's dumb, I know, but I had to take a picture just to prove that I did it! Yea, me!

Does this count as my goal to run a half marathon or does it have to be an organized event?
10 comments:
You ROCK! I will never be able to run a half marathon. Inside or out. Heck, if I could run a 5K I'd be happy. Good for you!
That is so great Katie. Good job!!
It is definitely a to-be-proud-of achievement. I know I'm stinking jealous! But you should for sure do and organized one someday because the atmosphere is so much fun! Plus, lots of SWAG. :)
Thats so awesome, Katie!! I thought I was doing good with my 1hr on my Elliptical. I just bought a treadmill today. Excited to jump on the treadmill band wagon on monday!
It totally counts! Way to go Katie!
Considering that the whole point of signing up for a half marathon is to run that distance on RACE DAY itself, and not in training, then you've pretty much run an official half marathon.
You are very driven. My motivation comes from paying money and committing to a race organization! I do not have personal motivation to simply run long distances. No way. I am forced to publicly sign away and become indebted to the running institution in order to find even an inkling of desire to run.
I think you're in a league of your own. I don't understand how you do that.
vote that it counts but - if you can run a half at home, doing it out in the world with people out cheering will be a breeze
Great job!! I, too, would have taken a picture!
You even went the extra mile! (Well, extra 0.9 miles) Good job! It should totally count, but I have to say that there is something really really cool about running an official race. When I ran my first race, it was a marathon. I was nervous to do the race, so I thought I'd just run the distance on my own, since my goal was just to see if I could run that far. My friend talked me into doing the actual race, and I'm so glad that she did. The crowds and the cheering and the music--you should try it, too!
Good job on your running! And extra kudos to you for doing it on a treadmill. That takes a lot of mental will, I think. Congrats!
Hello! Not only should you be running in road races, you should be winning them! I haven't done the exact math, but that looks like a 9 minute mile or so, which is decently fast for a 5 or 10 K, but extremely fast for 14 miles (esp. on the treadmill!) You are in a league of your own. Most of us need other people watching us to push ourselves to run that fast. Get out there and run a race! To do a half marathon you have to sign up early though. The Ogden (in May) has been sold out since the first of Jan. There's the Utah County in June, I believe, and Layton in Sept. I stick to the 5K's. The pain is over much quicker.
Post a Comment