Saturday, January 2, 2010

Curtains

We've been in this house for a little over two years and since we moved in we knew that we wanted to get new furniture for the family room. Therefore, up to this point we haven't done much to that room--no paint or curtains because every time I thought about doing anything I would remind myself that we didn't know what colors we were going to have in that room so I should wait until we were ready to redo the whole thing.
We have been out looking at furniture enough now that we kind of have an idea of what we would like to do when the time (money) comes so when my in-laws gave me money for Christmas I decided to go ahead and get curtains. It was a bit more of a project than I expected because we wanted a nice decorative rod, but they only came in 12 foot lengths and we needed it to be 16 feet long. So, Jeremy and I wandered up and down Home Depot and he was able to put together his own 16 foot curtain rod. What an ingenious husband I have!
They have been up for two days now and boy, I love how they look! They add so much warmth to the room. Everytime I walk in I am amazed at the difference they make. Now we just need paint, crown moulding, and new furniture!
. . . someday . . .

4 comments:

Liz Morrey Romrell said...

I love them, Katie! What in the world are you doing up at 6 AM?!

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

They look fabulous! Can't wait to see them in person. Isn't it amazing what curtains will do to a room??

Camilla Millar said...

Very exciting.

Evie said...

Looks great Katie! :)