Thursday, February 5, 2009
SHARING
I really dislike sharing the computer with the kids. I started a post this morning and had to leave for a minute and when I came back Holly was on the computer playing a game and my work in progress was gone. Don't get me wrong, I think it is great that my kids can entertain themselves playing on PBS Kids or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I actually suspect that the games on the computer are more educational than anything on the Wii. However, I get awfully frustrated when I have found a child on the computer when I need to use it or, like today, find something I have started gone after the kids have been on it. One more question, why is it that the kids can change all kids of settings that I had no idea could even change. I couldn't change them if I wanted to and the kids do it without trying. I guess that is what happens when you let your young children play on the computer. What I would really like is to get a laptop so I don't have to fight over computer time anymore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I don't like to share either. We have 2 computers and I still have to fight for my turn.
Once Josh accidentally put a password on our computer and we had to zap the whole computer in order to get rid of what he had done!
I had to get a laptop for the same reason. It's nice to be able to save your work and come back to it when you need to and not worry that the kids are taking over.
I like your new family photo, it's cute.
I can totally relate. I have had my laptop for a couple of years now and LOVE the fact that the kids can't use it. I also love the fact that they don't know how to change the parental restrictions on their computer because they are password protected.
Post a Comment