Friday, February 6, 2009

EASY PROJECT

When I got new bedding for the crib I wanted to find something to match to hang on the walls. I found some pre-painted wooden cars, trucks and airplanes. They were just what I wanted but I didn't know how to hang them on the walls. I thought about using the little sticky, foam pads but I didn't want to pull off the paint and sheetrock when I took them off the walls. So, I decided that maybe I could put them in a frame and then hang them with small nails which wouldn't leave such a big mess if we ever wanted to take them off the wall.
I found some simple, unpainted frames at IKEA. They were great. I painted the frames blue and then put a piece of white paper in the frame behind the plastic as the background but then I stuck the wooden cars, etc. on to the front of the plastic with the foam pads. The cars and trucks actually sit out in front of the frame but still have the outlined look. I was so pleased with how they turned out. It was an easy project but it made such a difference in Jackson's room.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love easy decorating projects that I do myself - it makes me feel proud and excited to call my own!

Camilla Millar said...

Cute!

Emily said...

They look great!

Mary said...

Kate-those are really cute. Where did you get the trucks, cars, and airplanes?

Janna said...

Cute idea and very creative.

btw I loved all of your comments in Sunday School today (and choir). You are an amazing woman!