Wednesday, February 25, 2009

NEVER TRUST A 3 YEAR OLD!

Just when I think when I was thinking we had this potty training thing down Allison decided it wasn't much fun anymore. She is not excited to sit on the potty and has had a few accidents because of it. Two have been in bed immediately upon waking. I can excuse those because she was sick and maybe she couldn't get out of bed fast enough or just had an accident before she was fully awake. The one that bothers me the most happened this afternoon at the store. We had run to the store after dropping Holly off at preschool. If I had been good, I would have made Ally visit the bathroom before we left but I didn't plan on going to the store. As we were leaving the store I thought I smelled something suspicious but I asked Ally if she needed to go, "No." I asked her if she was still dry, "Yes." Since we were in public I supressed my desire to check her right there and decided to trust her. When we got home I realized that Jackson had a very full diaper and I figured the smell must have been coming from him. However, when I changed his diaper it was only wet. Still, other than thinking it was odd that I was sure I smelled something, I didn't think too much of it. Then as I was feeding Jackson, Allison came in and as she was crawling on the table, I noticed that the little leotard she was wearing was a little discolored in between her legs. Sure enough, the smell had come from her and she just didn't want to tell me. I am hoping that this is just a phase and it will end quickly. I guess I just need to be more on the ball and force the issue, but I was so excited to think we were done and she was doing so well. We'll get it sooner or later. I am just hoping for sooner.

3 comments:

Mary said...

We did the same thing. Doing great for awhile, then it wasn't so fun anymore so we started to have accidents. I think that everybody goes through that. She'll get better soon though. Good luck.

kevin said...

Ha! Sorry, that is horrible. Best of luck with it though. We are happily diaper free, for now, in our house. Eliza wanted nothing to do it with for a while either. She would get really interested, then lose interest, then be interested, then decide it wasn't for her...and so on. One day she just decided she was done doing the deed in her pants and we have been accident free!

Andrea said...

Hey! Your day sounds like my day!! (See my blog for details, I empathize with ya.)