Friday, August 19, 2011

Book of Mormon Camp - Day 5

Welcome to day 5, possibly our last day. I haven't decided what if anything to do tomorrow so we shall see. I would like to finish off with a big, culminating activity but I don't know what to do and I am running out of steam.
No big trips for today. We stayed right in our own backyard. I started out by asking the kids to walk from our back porch to a tree. They could all do it without any problem. Then I put out a few obsticles on either side of the "straight" path to the tree. They still made it without any trouble. Then I asked them if they thought they could do it blind folded. Dalton was sure it wouldn't be a problem, but he was surprised when he strayed off the path and headed to the fence instead of the tree. All the kids had a great time trying. They did it several times each. Even Maddy and Jackson wanted to be blind folded.Then I tied a piece of yarn from the back porch to the tree and they were all able to make it to the tree blind folded if they held on to the yarn.

Dalton immediately understood what Book of Mormon story we were talking about. We came inside and read about Lehi's dream. We talked about what the tree represented and what the iron rod and darkness represented. Then we talked about what kind of things in our lives are distractions or obstacles to getting back to God.

1 comment:

Melissa@thebblog said...

ah, that turned out to be a really great BofM Camp day I think! It was a good activity to teach the lesson with lots of fun and I'll bet lots off laughing.