We kicked Book of Mormon Camp off with a trip downtown to the Church History Museum. They currently have a chilren's Book of Mormon exhibit and we went to check it out. While downtown we also walked through the Conference Center, wandered through Temple Square and visited the Christus. It was beautiful and the kids were thoroughly entertained. We even have little Maddy with us this week and she joined in the fun.
On the way home, we stopped at Deseret Book and bought some journals for the kids. We talked about how the Book of Mormon was like a journal for the ancient prophets and if they hadn't written down what was going on we wouldn't have the Book of Mormon today. So, when we got home the kids all took a few minutes to write or draw what we did today and what their favorite parts were. This was Holly's entry about today.
2 comments:
adorable! I love that you did a scripture I remember learning when I was holly's age.
Just one more thing that I'm sad I won't be able to do with Maddy since I'm at work. I have to find other creative things we can do just on the weekend. Glad my girl gets to participate in BOM Camp this week too. Thanks.
Katie--I love this. What a treasure.
Post a Comment