Saturday, January 15, 2011

Happy Birthday, Holly!

Holly's 7th birthday is actually tomorrow but we had her party yesterday. Jeremy had to go out of town today so we decided to get the ball rolling early. Holly didn't mind one bit! The celebrating actually started on Wednesday when I took her to get her ears pierced. She was so excited! She was a little nervous. I had told her that it would hurt a little but she still wanted to go through with it. They had a stuffed bear for her to hold onto and on the first ear she held it tight. When the first ear was done she gave me a look that said, "that was all?" and then she got a great big grin. The second ear was easy. She was thrilled! I just think they make her look that much more grown up.
Friday we had her "How to Train Your Dragon" party. We made shields out of foam core board and the kids all decorated them. Then we played dragon games. We used the shields to ward off the fireballs (ping pong balls). We had to feed fish the Monsterous Nightmare (bean bag toss). We played How to Train Your Dragon bingo. We even had a How to Train Your Dragon cake. Holly assured us that it was a great party and she had tons of fun. I'm just glad it's over! Tomorrow we will give her the gifts from our family and she will have a special dessert at Grandma's house. She has had several days worth of birthday.
I can't believe that it was seven years ago that Holly was born. She was my first little girl. How grateful I am to have her in our family. We love her so much!

2 comments:

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

What an impressive party!! And oh, how pretty she looks with her newly pierced ears!!! Happy Birthday Holly!

Darin and Joanna said...

Seven years?!?!...really!! It feels like yesterday you brought her home! Happy Birthday Holly!!