Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween Piano Recital

I had a piano recital for my students last Monday. Since is was so close to Halloween, I let them all wear their Halloween costumes. They all did such a great job! I was so proud of them. During the recital I was recognizing how far they have come. I don't think I notice on a week to week basis, but I was very impressed at the recital.
Dalton and Holly played at the recital as well. They both did a fabulous job as well! Unfortunately, Jeremy was out of town, my mom was busy chasing Jackson, and I was playing duets with them so I didn't get any pictures or video of them playing. I did make sure to take a picture of them beforehand though.

6 comments:

Mary said...

So glad that the recital went well and that Holly and Dalton did a great job! How fun that you let them wear their costumes! What a great idea. Are you glad it's over?? :-)

Melissa@thebblog said...

Shoot Kate - I wish I had known you needed a video recorder and I could have come! Love the dragons!

Anon said...

So grateful for such a great piano teacher! Thanks for all you do.

Maryann said...

It was a very nice piano recital. You do such a great job with the kids. Thank you!

Liz said...

What a great idea to have a Halloween recital! I've been teaching lessons this last year and this fall I have enough students to start thinking about a recital. I might have to take your idea for next year!

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

I have never heard of a Halloween recital in costumes before....what a brilliant idea!! I bet the kids LOVED that! I'm glad it went well!