We were sitting in Stake Conference trying to listen, ok, who am I kidding, we were completely absorbed with trying to keep the kids occupied and quiet. I had been drawing Halloween pictures for Jackson trying to keep him happy. Ally decided that she would try to get Jackson to say all the names of the pictures. Now, just to prefece this story, lately Ally has been trying to get Jackson to talk but she talks in baby talk to him So, even though she knows the correct way to say the words, she will say it the way she thinks Jackson would say it. So, without really paying attention I was hearing Ally say, "Say ghost, say pummy (pumpkin)." Then I thought I heard he say something I never expected, so I listened a little closer and sure enough I heard her say again, "Say b****, Jackson." Apparently, witch in baby talk, according to Allison, is b****. So, right there in Stake Conference Ally was trying to get my baby to swear. Jeremy, of course, turned to me and asked me what I was teaching them at home. Ha, ha - very funny!
It is the inadvertant swearing that makes me laugh. When the kids don't even have any idea what they are saying. Then comes the hard part of explaining why we don't say those words. Who would have thought parenting would be so funny!
3 comments:
That's great! Love it.
Thats hilarious Katie! Too bunny! I mean funny! ha ha!
Love it. almost as funny as your post about Dalton and "hassle"
Post a Comment