Wednesday, September 9, 2009

FIRSTS

Yesterday was a day of firsts at our house.

Allison went to her first day of preschool.She is going to a neighborhood preschool run by a woman in our ward. It is the same preschool Holly went to last year and loved! Ally was so excited! She asked me all morning if it was time for her to go yet. We had to wait until 12:30 but when it was time to go she was so ready! As I was getting her out of the car, she said, "I will miss you, Mommy." I answered that I knew she would miss me but that she would have a great time at preschool and she just said, "I know!" She walked right in without a moments hesitation. She was so thrilled to be there. When I said bye, she just said bye back and then turned right back around to the toys she was looking at. I am grateful that all my kids have been pretty outgoing and not overly clingy. None of them have had a hard time adjusting to new things.

The other "first" that occurred yesterday was Holly's first day at dance. She is going with a couple of girls from the neighborhood. She has been excited about this for months. We went out and got her tap and ballet shoes a few weeks ago and she has been asking to wear them pretty much everyday. Then yesterday right when she got home from school (at 11:45) she was asking to change into her dance outfit (dance isn't until 6:00). She looked so cute with her hair pulled up into a bun and in her little leotard. This is a first for me as well--we have never had anyone in dance before so I have been excited also. Again, she walked right in without any hesitation and had a wonderful time. I am so excited that now she has something special that is her own thing. She wasn't all that interested in soccer when we tried that.

We are now looking forward to another first as Dalton will be starting flag football later this month. He is thrilled about that. It is amazing how much joy I get out of watching my children grow and participate in things that they love.

5 comments:

Mary said...

What fun things. Pre-school, dance and football. My goodness you're going to be busy! Hope the kids appreciate all that you do.

Melissa@thebblog said...

busy, busy mommy! Can Maddy go to preschool with Jackson when they are old enough? I'm surprised that I didn't hear about both preschool and dance yesterday. Usually they want to tell me everything about their days. I guess I'm just becoming part of the furniture at your house these days. The novelty of my visits has worn off. Sad.

Melissa@thebblog said...

and for my separate comment - I like the new wallpaper. What a cute boy you have. Are you always going to have him or are you going to rotate? I especially love his wet shirt since that is so Jackson!

Mary said...

That is a cute picture of Jackson! At first I didn't notice it and was wondering what Mel was talking about!

DD said...

Oh man, I noticed Jackson picture immediately! I LOVE IT! I tried to copy it but the blog wouldn't let me. Will you send me a copy for my fridge? Boy, Jackson really takes marvelous pictures. I want to put it next to that great picture of Kaden grinning up at me.
And yes Ally and Holly are adorable too, but girls are supposed to be adorable.
Nice blog.
Mommy