So, when I went to the doctor two weeks ago he told me he would induce me on the 26th which was 10 days early. He said that was really pushing it a little but he was ok with that. He said that we needed to wait to schedule the hospital because they didn't like to schedule elective inductions that far out. So, we waited. Then this past Wednesday I went to my appointment and they tried to schedule the hospital for the 26th and they were full. Then they tried the 29th which would have still been 1 week early and it was full. I was so frustrated. My doctor only will schedule inductions on the days that he works which are Monday, Wednesday and Friday. That meant that every time we had to push it back it was by two days. Those of you who have been pregnant know that two days is forever when you are waiting to have a baby. Anyway, the nurse who was trying to schedule the hospital sent me home saying she would call me when they were able to get it scheduled because now she needed to talk to the doctor again to see what he wanted to do. So, I came home frustrated and annoyed because I wanted to schedule the hospital at the earlier appointment when they probably wouldn't have been full.
When the nurse called back, I was prepared for the worst. I figured that I would maybe even go into labor on my own if the induction date wasn't that far from my due date. However, she said that she had talked to the doctor and he was ok with going a little earlier and they had scheduled me for the 24th. Yeah! That is 12 days early which may be pushing it for my body but I think we will be ok. I guess the worst that could happen in the send me home telling me that my body isn't quite ready yet. I am not going to dwell on that because I am just so excited to see the end in sight. It is less than two weeks away.
Now I just have to keep the baby in while Jeremy is out of town next week. I don't think it will be a problem since I have never gone that early before but still . . . My mom and his mom will both be out of town that week as well, so it really wouldn't be good next week. I have the greatest neighbors who would help me out but I would still rather wait. So, that is our goal. Not next week but the 24th! Sorry, Melissa, I couldn't choose the 25th because my doctor doesn't work on that day and Brooke the 19th was just too early.
Wish me luck on getting through these next two weeks.
5 comments:
I am so excited for you! I am always so grateful to get pregnant but man it just gets miserable there at the end.
How exciting. Have you already picked a name? It is stressing me out.
timely email post kate - i just called and left a phone message about something else but lamented that you weren't shooting for my birthday. I accept your reasoning though so a day before mine is still acceptable.
Please please call me WHEN (not if) you need my help watching the kids. And call me when you have it! We're so excited for your family to have a new sweet boy!
Until then, put your feet up and rest!
Yay! I understand what you mean when you say that every extra day being pregnant is horrible! I'm glad that you finally have a date and you're all ready! Good luck.
Post a Comment