Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Peace and Quiet

Wow, Jeremy is off to work, Dalton is off to school and the girls are still asleep. The house is quiet. This never happens. Usually Dalton is up before 7:00 and he wakes Holly up so he won't be alone. This morning I had to wake him up to get ready for school. I woke him up at 7:40 and he was asking me why I was getting him up so early.
Anyway, I'm not quite sure what I should do with my quiet time. Do I go up and get started on my shower and getting ready for the day or do I sit and eat breakfast and read my scriptures in peace? I think I am opting for the second. However, I know that as soon as I sit down with the scriptures, Holly will show up ready for breakfast herself. I sure love a few moments of peace and quiet in the morning though. It seems to let me start the day out better.

4 comments:

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

It is a toss-up, isn't it...about which would be the best use of time. I've been getting up early to jog and so when I get back I have to make that same decision. Should I read my B of M in peace and quiet...knowing that it probably won't happen if I don't do it then? Or should I take a shower and get dressed before Lilian wakes up because she is a HUGE pain when I'm trying to get ready for the day.... But definitely, it is nice to have quiet time before the kids get up. I've been really enjoying it lately.

Anon said...

I could not agree with you more, there is just something about a quiet house I love it but I am glad when the noise comes back because I know the time will come when it will be to quiet all day long and I will miss the noisy days:)

Liz Morrey Romrell said...

I think you should just go waste a bunch of time in front of the computer - oh wait, that's what I do when I get a quiet minute. You're so good!

Unknown said...

I'm with Liz. I always waste up my good quiet time messing around on the computer. Love it. But, I could certainly benefit from some scripture study.