Saturday, June 30, 2012

When It Rains It Pours

I was hoping when I wrote my post yesterday that I had seen the worst of my day and that it would get a little calmer.  I was so relieved when the kids finally went to bed.  I sat down with a movie and a bowl full of popcorn ready to sit back and relax.  It was 10:30 and I was down to about the last 10-15 minutes of my movie when I heard Dalton get up and go into the bathroom.  I listened hoping this was just a late night trip to empty his bladder but my fears were confirmed when I heard him throwing up.  I think that I was jinxed by my sister, Sarah.  Earlier in the day we had been talking and she mentioned that whenever her husband went out of town one of the kids got sick. 
He seems to be feeling much better this morning and he only threw up the one time so I am hoping it was just something he ate.  I still can't believe how hard of a day it was yesterday.  I guess it was a case of "when it rains it pours."

1 comment:

Melissa@thebblog said...

sorry Kate. Crummy day for sure!!! Hope Saturday was better.