Since I was the first runner, I actually began my first leg in Logan at the starting line. Our starting time was 5:45am. That meant that we had to be there at 4:45am to get signed up and go through the safety meeting. It was early! We had to get up at 2:30am to be there on time.
| Van 1 - Kim, Sarah, Me, Sam, Chance and Greg |
It was a good run because it wasn't too hot. But it was long - 7.7 miles. I ran on a dirt trail up the mountain and then we had an amazing view of the Logan Valley. It was beautiful! Coming down the mountain made me a little nervous because I always tend to run too fast on the downhills and the trail was just dirt and rocks and had a lot of switchbacks. I had to concentrate fully on the turns so I didn't slip and fall. I ran for an hour and 10 minutes and averaged a 9.17 min/mile. I was pleased.
| Sarah and I |
My second leg came at about 5:00pm. It was another long run - 8.4 miles. This run was pretty much all downhill. We were running on a fairly busy road so our van was not allowed to stop and cross the street to give us water so I was on my own.
We started at Snowbasin and had to run up the hill under the ski lift. There wasn't much of a trail and I started out feeling pretty discouraged about this leg. Gratefully, that didn't last too long and we were on the main road for the rest of the run. I must have been cruising on the downhill parts because I tried to walk on all the uphill sections and I still finished this leg in an hour and 11 minutes and averaged an 8.26 min/mile. This leg was about a mile longer than my first and yet it only took me 1 minute longer to finish. Crazy! This run killed my legs though. My quads started screaming at me when I was done and haven't stopped yet.
| Coming into the exchange |
My 3rd and final run was my easiest - 5 miles, relatively flat.
![]() |
| Running across the finish line - all 12 of us! |
Once again I was running early in the morning; about 5:30am. So, with my night gear on, I started out. Luckily, once I started running I didn't notice my sore legs. I had determined to take it easy and for the first 3 1/2 miles it felt great. But by the time I got to the last mile I was worn out! I was so excited to see the exchange. It was my personal finish line. I had run 21.1 miles in about 25 hours and I was quite pleased with myself. Our van finished our runs at about 10:00am and then we had to wait for van 2 to finish. We waited for about 6 hours. That gave us time to wander around and see all the booths and shopping areas at the finish. When it was finally time to cross the finish line we were all tired and exhausted but thrilled to have accomplished something so hard. I think many, if not all, of us were hobbling across the finish line, but we made it!
![]() |
| Team 907 - I Paid For This Experience?!? |
![]() |
| Van 1 - Kim, Sam, Sarah, Greg, Chance and me |
![]() |
| Sisters! How I love running with Sarah! |













2 comments:
You consistently amaze me. Wow! What an awesome accomplishment.
I love you and I love that we get to do this race together!!!!
Post a Comment