Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Lasik

Jeremy has wanted to get Lasik for years.  His eyesight is a lot like mine--bad enough to need to wear glasses when driving, watching movies and in meetings, however not bad enough to make us wear glasses constantly.  I don't know which is worse, having to wear glasses constantly or having to keep track of them when you put them on and off and on and off all day.  So, on June 18th, he finally decided that it was time.  Funny enough, my sister, Melissa, happened to decided it was time for her to have the procedure done as well and they ended up both going in for surgery on the same day. 
It was amazing to me that Jeremy went in with bad eyesight and then two hours later came home with perfect vision.  I am a little jealous now.
He came home with many bottles of eye drops and instructions on when to insert each and dark sunglasses because his eyes were so dialated. 

The first day was crazy trying to remember what drops to insert when--every 15 minutes, every 30 minutes, every 2 hours.  It was insane!  However, now we are past the first week and we are down to mostly just the artificial tears.  Jeremy is loving not having to wear glasses anymore.  Every morning he still grabs his glasses to place in his pocket and then remembers that he doesn't need them anymore.  It makes me laugh.  Someday it will be my turn.  My eyes are not that bad but I can't wait for the day that I can wear any kind of sunglasses I like.  No more prescription sunglasses for me!

1 comment:

Melissa@thebblog said...

wow, he looks pretty sylin in those glasses considering they were free! nothing like those ones you see in tv shows when they leave the eye doctore. And yes, you have got to get that procedure done, it's AMAZING.