Well, for the last week Jeremy and I have worked late into the night on the kitchen. Jeremy put up crown mouldings and baseboards and I painted. We have wanted to paint the kitchen for some time but never quite knew what we wanted but finally we decided to be brave and go with red. I have heard horror stories about red and how it is hard to choose the right tint without too much orange or too much blue, about how you it takes many, many coats to make it look good and how it is impossible to paint over. Well, I don't know about the painting over part, but I can attest that it does take many, many coats to make it look good. I did at least 3 sometimes 4 coats. We were lucky though because the color we picked was great and wasn't too orange or blue. So, although it has almost been a week and we are not quite done, here are a few pictures of what it looks like. I am very pleased although I am sick of painting!
5 comments:
LOVE IT!!!
Looks great. I love the red. You did a great job. Can't wait until I can see it in person.
Looks great Katie! I can't wait until I have a house of my own to get sick of painting in!
Oh yeah, it does look good, highlighting the kitchen nook and accenting the kitchen cupboards. Good choice, good color, nice work! And Jeremy's baseboards and crown molding are really fantastic!
Mom
oh, it really, really looks great. I'm excited to see it all put back together and decorated.
Post a Comment