The other day as I was on my second to last load of laundry, my dryer started making some funny noises. "Here we go again", I thought. When we finally sold our house in Sept. I thought that we were finally going to have a little extra money floating around, but since then our computer died and had to be replaced, Jeremy's car needed new tires, we had to replace the treadmill and a number of other little things needed our financial surplus and now it looked like we were going to have to add a new dryer to that list. I guess I should look at it as a blessing that since we had sold the house we were able to make all those purchases without much of a problem--but come on!!!
Anyway, when Jeremy got home from work, he began fiddling with the dryer. He took it apart and looked at everything from the belt to the motor. I started looking on-line for a new dryer. He was about to give up when he decided to try one more thing, and low and behold, he was able to pull out a piece of foam (don't know where it came from) that was clogging the machine and stopping the motor. (That was not very technical but all I really know is that piece of foam stopped the dryer from working.)
So, my dryer is once again working. We won't have to spend extra money at Christmas time to replace it and it is once again as quiet as can be expected.
How lucky I am to have such a handsome, handy, man!
3 comments:
Hurray for Jeremy! Daddy is like that too. He has an engineer, scientific, problem-solving mind and can usually figure out how to fix something. Barring that, you need a husband who makes a whole lot of money and can pay for either a repairman or a new applicance. It's much less stressful to just have a fix-it-man.
Mommy
Good for him. Foam huh? amazing how things "break" for no apparant reason!
You're so lucky to have it fixed!! Our washer bit the dust and we had to buy a new one (well, we ended up buying a SET!). Oh well...
Post a Comment