Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Holiday Decor

I am loving my newest addition to our Christmas decor. I have always done the garlands on the railings but this year I added the lights and the ornaments. I LOVE the way it turned out--so elegant looking. I have to laugh because when you turn from looking at the beautiful railings, you see our Christmas tree--definitely not so elegant looking. Our tree is covered with bright, colored lights and all the ornaments the kids have made in school and church. You know the ones. . . the CD's with the kids pictures on the front, or the picture frames made out of popcicle sticks. I try to make it seem a little more uniform by adding a lot of red and gold balls and gold bows but it is still just a fun kids tree. Maybe someday I will get two trees and have one for the kids decorations and one that I can decorate a little more formally. For now, I am just excited to have the decorations up and feel that Christmas spirit.

6 comments:

Greg & Dlora said...

Oh Kate, your railing is GORGEOUS. I would never have thought to hang Christmas balls--bows and lights is all I'd have thought of. Very nice indeed.
Mommy

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

Oh, that is so beautiful!! Can I maybe copy you next year?? :) I'll give you all the credit!
And I know what you mean about wishing for a more formal tree. I guess I can now really appreciate those little home made ornaments more because I do have two trees.

Darin and Joanna said...

Your house looks great! I love the ornaments on you garland! Those picture ornaments of Dalton and Holly took me back to the the day. We've got the same one of Camden. Good old Orchard 5th ward! We did the two trees this year now that our basement is finished. One artificial and one real. Best of both worlds!

Mary said...

Love your railing. So pretty. I would love to get a house one day with a great railing just to hang garland on at Christmas. So festive and fun.

Camilla Millar said...

Those balls are really cute. Great idea!

Andrea said...

Where'd you get that beautiful garland, by the way? I desperately need some nice garland (mine looks cheap and ancient and the lights have all burned out.)