
Last night, the kids and I made sugar cookies. The kids love to help and to cut out the cookies. Everytime we do this, I always picture in my head the commercials that show kids baking with their moms or grandmas. Everyone is smiling and laughing, the kitchen is clean and everyone is happy. For some dumb reason I think that this time around things will be different and we will share that special cookie making bond I always see on the commercials. Unfortunatly, everytime I make cookies with my kids I spend a lot of time telling the kids to keep their hands out of the flour and off each other. I have to b

reak up fights and tell them to wait their turns. I start out the activity determined to have patience and be that exceptional mom I see on TV but by the end I find myself yelling at the kids and threatning that if they don't listen and obey and be nice to each other they will have to leave the counter and go to their rooms.
I have high hopes that someday I will be surprised and we will have that "commercial" experience but in the meantime, I can't stop baking with them or I might miss that picture perfect moment.
1 comment:
Oh man, I have put off making sugar cookies for the same reason!! I think I will attempt it today.
Post a Comment