Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The First Snowfall

What a storm! At first I thought we were going to miss the snow and only get rain but the snow did come. In anticipation of the storm we went out for FHE and bought new snow boots for the kids. They then wanted to wear them to school the next day. It wasn't snowing at the time but I figured it wouldn't hurt. By the time they got home from school it was snowing full force. They couldn't stand being inside. It was cold but they just wanted to bundle up and go out to play. Dalton built the first snowman all himself. The second one dad helped with.

How I love the first snowfall of the year when it is exciting and you want to sit inside, cozy and warm, reading a book.

1 comment:

DD said...

Wow! Enough snow to make snowmen! One of them should have been a snowlady. We definitely didn't have that much snow. I remember the first snow you kids saw when we first moved to Utah. You didn't know enough to wear mittens and you soon came back inside crying because your fingers hurt from the cold.
Love,
Mommy