Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fall Football

We got invited to join a bunch of Dalton's friends playing flag football. Dalton was thrilled! Before the games even started he would make Jeremy go in the backyard and practice with him. He even started watching football on TV with Jeremy. I think Jeremy enjoyed that! We had a couple of practices before the games started just to teach the kids positions and the rules. I can't believe how much they have to learn for football. Nothing like soccer where basically all they need to do is run after the ball and kick it into the goal. There is no tackling in flag football so when they were blocking they had to have their arms crossed on their chests. It was pretty darn cute to see the kids all lined up ready for the snap with their arms crossed on their chests.I was impressed with Dalton. Throughout the season he got several touchdowns and pulled several flags. He just loved it! He is already asking to play again next year. My only complaint with football is that they play it in the Fall and for some of those games it was down right COLD!! When I was growing up, we always knew it was Fall when we started hearing the sounds of football being played in the school yard behind our house. I think that is part of the reason I love football.

2 comments:

Darin and Joanna said...

Looks like fun! Camden played soccer this fall and it's funny cause I thought it was much warmer than spring. No games were cancelled as oposed to spring about half of them were! I can't believe he is so grown up!

Mary said...

I think Josh would have preferred flag football over tackle. He was a little nervous to run full speed into someone bigger than he was and try to pull them down. Good for Dalton for making some touchdowns! That's awesome.