I haven't written anything for awhile because I feel like nothing exciting is happening--no news to report. However, everytime I see the date of my last post I feel guilty for letting it go so long. We are having a typical summer--lots of friends and lots of swimming. We are so lucky to have a pool in the neighborhood and we use it a lot. The kids love to play with their friends at the pool. I just like having something that occupies the kids and then wears them out. The girls always come home from the pool and are ready for a nap. For that matter, I do too.
Dalton will start 1st grade in a little over a week. I'm not sure who is more excited, him or me. He is hard to entertain in the summer. He always wants to be with a friend and is always on the look out for someone to play with. We are grateful for so many good friends in the neighborhood.
Holly can't wait to start preschool. She wakes up and asks me everyday, how many days until she starts preschool. Unfortunately, she won't start until the beginning of September. That is just such a long time to a 4 year old. I'm glad she is excited for it, though. We are doing our best to keep her busy with some school-type work. We call it her homework and she gets excited to do it. Yesterday she did 6 and 1/2 pages of math before I could get her to stop. Why stop her, you ask? I have to sit next to her and help her with each problem because she is still learning how to write the numbers and understand the concept and I had other things and other kids to take care of. How fun it is to have someone excited to do homework instead of fighting me everytime I mention it.
Enough rambling. Like I said, no news. But like they say, no news is good news, right?
1 comment:
You guys are so lucky to have a pool right there. How exciting that your little guy is starting first grade. Just a word of warning though, the first day of first grade is much harder than kindergarten because they are gone all day not sad for them just sad for us moms! Good luck:)
Post a Comment