Tuesday, July 29, 2008

First Day of School!

Today was Dalton's first day of 1st grade. He was so excited. We went to visit his teacher yesterday and found out where his classroom was. He is in Miss Eliason's class. He is most excited to eat lunch at school and to have 3 recesses. He went to bed last night with his lunchbox and woke me up this morning at 6:30am all dressed and asking me to make his lunch. We also headed out to the bus stop at least 20 minutes early because he couldn't stand to wait any longer. I am so glad that he loves school. I can't wait to see what he thought of his first day. My guess is that he will dump his things on the floor, say it was fine and then ask to play with a friend. I can never get many details out of him.
The girls wanted to come with us to the bus stop. They are both such girly girls and love to wear fancy dresses.Waiting for the bus. They thought it was funny that they lined up from shortest to tallest without realizing it. Here comes the bus! I tried to get a picture of Dalton as he was climbing aboard but he was too fast and was already inside before my camera got the picture. Oh well, there's always tomorrow and the next day and the next . . .

4 comments:

The Loves said...

Max already misses Dalton. I am glad they are on the same track, so they can atleast play when they are off track! How was the first day for you? I think that it will be harder for me than for Max!

Janna said...

Are you surviving without Dalton? He came Home Teaching to us on Sunday with his dad, and we nicknamed him "the boy of one word answers." He is so cute!

Liz Morrey Romrell said...

We love Dalton - he's such a little stud. We'll miss him at the pool! I'm sure it's a relief to something to entertain him, though.

Liz Morrey Romrell said...

Speaking of the cutie - here he is at our door! I guess we're the lucky chosen friends to play with!!