Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The New Kitchen Table

Our new kitchen table arrived this morning.  We have been wanting one for several years now.  We looked and looked but never could find one we both liked.  Then, last week, as Jeremy and I were out at RC Willey looking for something else entirely, we passed by this table and we both loved it.  It was big enough to seat 8, it wasn't so ornate that it would look silly in our kitchen and the chairs weren't covered in fabric just waiting to get stained. 
It is a bit more massive that our last table.  Not only is the table itself longer, the chairs are much higher which make it feel more massive.  This is what the old table looked like.

Our goal was to get a table that was longer but narrower than our last table.  Plus, I am thrilled that there are latches under the table to keep the table together with the leaf.  Our last table didn't have those and it tended to pull apart while we were eating dinner.

 It will definitely take some getting used to, but I love it!  We had our last table for 11 1/2 years and it was a hand-me-down from Jeremy's parents.  It has been a good table for all those years but it is nice to finally have a table that we picked out that will work better in our space.

1 comment:

Sarah Snow said...

I'm glad you found one you love! It looks great :)