Wednesday, February 8, 2012

It's Great to be Eight

Holly was baptized last Saturday, Feb. 4th. She was so excited! She had been counting down the days since her birthday. She had her interview with Bishop Nance the Sunday before and he determined that she was eager and ready to go.
Her baptism was at 1:00 and she asked me all morning if she could put on her white dress. She couldn't wait! She was thrilled to see so many family members come to support her. She was in heaven being in the spotlight! She looked so beautiful and I was filled with my love for her and a sense of how much she is loved by Heavenly Father. This is the first step in her journey to return to live with Him again someday.In typical Holly fashion, when we were in the bathroom getting her changed I asked her how she felt and she replied, "weird." Jeremy asked her how she felt when she was getting baptized and she said, "like I was going under water." She did say that when she was getting confirmed she felt warm. Then we were able to talk about how the Spirit touches us and how we might feel when we are getting promptings from the Holy Ghost.
It was a beautiful day! Holly looked so sweet and innocent in her white dress and the Spirit was so strong all day. I once again felt the Spirit whisper to me that this church is true and that Heavenly Father and Jesus watch over us. They know our struggles and our desires. They love us more than we can possibly imagine. How grateful I am to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am so grateful that I was baptized, like Holly, when I was eight years old. I can't imagine my life without my knowledge of the gospel truths. It shapes who I am. It is a blessing to see my children developing their own testimonies--to see them learning and growing. I am so incredibly blessed!

3 comments:

Mary said...

What a beautiful girl! Sorry that we had to miss it.

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

She looks just beautiful Katie!! It amazes me how fast they are all growing up. Wish we could've been there!!

Darin and Joanna said...

I can't believe she is eight! What a beautiful little girl she is! And what a cute dog you have! How fun! I had forgotten you served your mission in S.C. That is fun. We hope our nephew loves it there!