Thursday, July 14, 2011

Dentist Visit

I took the kids to the dentist today--all 4 of them. They actually did very good and all 4 of them received a No Cavities sticker. I was a proud mom! Mostly I was just glad that we don't have to go back for another 6 months. The dentist said all the kids teeth look great except for Jackson. We need to be a little better at brushing his teeth. The other kids are all in the habit and brush their teeth very well. I got a picture of all the kids except Jackson. He was the one I really wanted to get but I had to help the dentist by holding his hands while it was his turn. He wasn't really thrilled about the whole visit. Once he realized the toothpaste the dentist was using to clean his teeth tasted good, he settled down a little. And he only bit the dentist once--I don't think he did it on purpose and I don't think it was all that hard. Glad to have that taken care of. I don't have to think about it again for another 6 months. Now I just need to make appointments for Jeremy and me.

2 comments:

Melissa@thebblog said...

bravo kiddos!

and your comments about Jackson make me feel pressure to work harder at brushing maddy's teeth too. I've finally worked a night prayer into the routine so now that we have that habit, we'll have to add in the teeth too. It's hit and miss right now (I'll admit, more miss).

did the dentist say anything about binky use and his teeth? just curious about the effects in that arena.

Mary said...

We just did the dentist thing too. Although I left Kaden at home. I figured that I'd take him all on his own so I wouldn't have to worry about all 4 at once. Glad you had all 4 cavity free. Josh ended up with 2 small cavities and is not looking forward to getting them filled. I hope it won't be too traumatic.