They spent a lot of time playing tennis and basketball. They even got all the guys to go out and play kickball with them.
We watched movies and played card games. It was a very leisurely day. The girls talked and the guys tried to find sports to watch on TV. We had a great 4th of July BBQ and then watched fireworks together. Jackson was a little nervous about the noise level but as long as I covered his ears he had a great time watching. 



When we got home, the kids went right to bed. When I saw all the newly legalized fireworks in the sky I ran up to get the kids to let them come see, but the girls were already asleep. They had had a long, fun day. Dalton was still up so he came out with us and watched the sky with us for a few minutes. It was neat to see all those fireworks in the sky, but living next to a big empty field, I still get nervous as I hear and see all the hot, smouldering debris raining down on our house and into the field. Still, they are much more impressive than the dippy little fountains we are used to.
It was a great Independence Day! How lucky we are to live in a free country and to have to freedoms we have. I am not usually overly patriotic, but it is nice to have a special day to think about and celebrate the United States of America!
No comments:
Post a Comment