Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Tile and Paint

The painters finished up today. We were boring and just had them paint everything white. We wanted the ceilings white and the only way to do that without paying for 3 tone paint was to just paint it all white. We figure we will go back and paint the individual rooms different colors anyway. So, for now everything is just bright, stark white. It looks good though. Suddenly the rooms are looking done. All the doors are lined up in the family room. The painters will be back to hang them once they are dry. When the painters were done and I was talking to them before they left, they told me that the stone people were coming tomorrow to do the fireplace. I hope so! That is another thing I can't wait to see! I hope it looks as good in real life as it does in my head.


The other day the tile people came and tiled the bathroom floor. It took them about an hour. I know it is a small space but I suspect that if Jeremy and I had tried to do that for ourselves it would have taken us days rather than hours. They still have to come back and tile the shower but I love looking at the tile on the floor. I have been nervous to see all the colors and things we picked because I worry about how they will look when I am not just looking at a small sample. I am very excited about the tile. It looks great! Pictures don't do it justice but I will include one all the same.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Tile and paint make it seems like the project is almost done! It looks great. Can't wait to see it when it's all done!