Thursday, April 21, 2011

Spring Break

So, the kids get Thursday, Friday and Monday off for Spring Break. I don't know what we are going to do. We were going to spend some time today playing with cousins but then their dad unexpectedly took the day off to do something as a family so we are on our own. With a limited budget and a lack of enthusiasm to do anything big, I forsee a lot of Wii in our future. I am hoping that a lot of friends will be around and the kids will enjoy getting out and doing something that doesn't include vegging on the couch.
I could take them to the Aquarium where we have passes, but we have been there quite a bit lately and everytime we go we end the excursion with whining and crying because they designed the aquarium to end in the gift shop and I usually refuse to buy anything. Even when I give the kids the typical lecture in the car before we go in, about how we are NOT going to buy anything, we still end up with begging and crying. I'm not sure I'm up for it today.
I do need to go to Target to get a gift for a neighbor's birthday party and I need to go grocery shopping sometime, but I don't think the kids will think those are super exciting activities.
I guess I just need to buck up and think of something special the kids can do. . . maybe a craft or something. It's either that or listen to them play Wii all weekend.

No comments: