Dalton was saying the prayer last night and asked that we might have a great Christmas Eve, " . . .better than last year." After the prayer Jeremy asked him what was wrong with Christmas Eve last year. "Nothing, " he said, "Christmas Eve was perfect." He was just wanting it to be even better this year. I hope our plans measure up!
1 comment:
I've been told by Julianne that she feels the "magic" of Christmas is gone. There are no surprises, she knows what she is getting, etc. I think it has to do with the fact that she is exceptionally observant and figures things out even when I'm trying to keep her from doing so. More so than her younger brother and older sister who are often off in their own little worlds mentally. It probably doesn't help her cause either when she tells me exactly what she wants for Christmas. It means that she'll be happy with her gifts...but that there is exactly zero surprise. I'm hoping I'll surprise her with a few things this year and find some ways to keep the magic alive for her. But kind of sad. I don't know....maybe it's just getting older. She is 12, after all.
Anyhow, feel lucky that your kids still feel like you are making things "perfect." :)
Post a Comment