Saturday, February 20, 2010

Trapped!

Ok, I think I love the seasons as much as anyone. I love the changes in the weather that allow us to do so many different activities all year long. However, with that being said, I am sick of winter! I have been feeling trapped lately. Stuck in the house all day everyday! I can't wait for the tulips and daffodils to start peeking their little heads out of the frozen ground. I long for the day when I can wear a short sleeved shirt and not need a sweater. I love being able to send the kids outside and hear them laughing and playing through the open windows. I am excited to try out the new park down the street. Mostly I am just tired of being cold all the time! For me, it doesn't seem to matter what the thermostat says, if it is cold outside, I am cold inside. I know Spring is just around the corner, but dang it, hurry up!!!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Ok, the clock must be off on my computer because I did not post this at 5:53am or whatever it said. It was much later. . . like 6:53am. Darn kids!

Maryann said...

Hear Hear!I feel the exact same way!

Anon said...

I cant not wait for green grass and blue skies but I wish it would stay cold all year long :)

Mary said...

Um, yep. My thoughts exactly. Except our winter lasts until May. I've been told that one year, in a freak storm, it snowed on the 4th of July. I really gotta get out of here. It was -6 degrees this morning. Too cold for me.

Darin and Joanna said...

Amen!