Thursday, February 25, 2010

Snow Day

When we woke up and saw the snow this morning, the kids were excited and I was bummed! However, instead of being disappointed all day I decided to embrace it with the kids. We decided that since it snowed and we are Snows we should have a "Snow Day."

It started with the kids putting on all their snow gear, grabbing their sleds and racing into the backyard to go sledding. They put their sleds on the top of the stairs and "slid" down the four stairs to the cement patio. There wasn't much snow on the stairs but it didn't stop them!












When they came in, we decided to make snowflakes. We cut and folded and even brought out the glitter to make them sparkle. We hung them from the chandelier over the kitchen table to create the mood.













Then we made snowmen out of marshmellows. I drew the outline of a snowman and the kids filled it in with marshmellows and then used candy and pretzels to decorate them. I made one right along with the kids. It was fun!








When we finally got done with our snowmen, it was about lunchtime. When we looked outside all the snow was gone so we decided that if the snow was gone then our "Snow Day" was done.
The kids are now back to playing the Wii, but at least we were able to do something fun and different for a little while.

3 comments:

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

Very fun activities! What a good mom you are!

Mary said...

That does sound like a lot of fun. I'm tempted to do alphabet days with Abby starting with A day and doing fun things that start with A and so on...but I might be too lazy. I haven't decided for sure one way or another yet.

Camilla Millar said...

You are such a cute mom!