Holly and Allison both are very crafty. They love to color, cut, glue, tape and create. One Saturday evening in December they decided to make a "Winter Wonderland" in the hallway upstairs. They cut, drew and taped all evening. Then the next day they worked on it some more. It was quite the landscape. There were clouds along the upper walls, snow by the baseboards and snowflakes everywhere inbetween. All of this was attached to the walls with tape. I was very worried that the tape would take the paint off the walls but when I heard Ally say, "I'm so glad Holly is my sister!" I would have let them tape whatever they wanted to on the walls. They had such a great time playing together that I figured that it would be worth it if I had to repaint the walls. (It is on my to-do list anyway.) We left it up all through the Christmas season. It came down when the other decorations did. (Luckily, it did not take off any paint.) I am so grateful for the times when the girls are such good friends and really, truly enjoy each other and recognize how lucky they are to have each other.



No comments:
Post a Comment