Saturday, August 25, 2012

Game Time

Dalton had his first football game last night.  After just going to county rec. soccer games I was a little unprepared for how intense it was.  The coaches were a little more severe, the players were a little more forceful and the parents were a little more passionate.  I was surprised by how much I enjoyed myself and how much I cared about the game.  The end of the game was a little nerve racking.  We were only up by 1 touchdown and Riverton had the ball and did an onside kick and recovered it.  The call was a little questionable but it was up to our defense to stop them to win the game.  Dalton was playing defense at the time---and they stopped them and we won!  It was very exciting!
Being the great mother that I am, I forgot to take any pictures--I was too enthralled with the game.  I did take a couple pictures of a scrimage they played on Thursday though so I will post them.  Dalton is the one in blue on the left with long, white socks on.

 

2 comments:

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

Is he liking it more now?

Mary said...

Yep, football is intense and the coaches can get crazy. We had one that we called the "yeller". I didn't really like him that much but when we talked to him after a game once he was really nice and I was actually quite surprised. Hope Dalton enjoys it and gets some good playing time.