
Max is our cute, little puppy. Jeremy grew up with dogs and although I didn't, I knew we would end up with one someday. I guess "someday" is here. We decided that we wanted the kids to be young enough that they would still be excited to help take care of, and play with the dog.
We didn't tell the kids that we were getting a puppy. All they knew is that dad was bringing home a surprise. We had them all sit on the stairs and then Jeremy brought in the puppy. 




The kids were thrilled! They asked us several times if we really got to keep him. After they got over the shock, they ran to get their friends to come see him.





The kids were thrilled! They asked us several times if we really got to keep him. After they got over the shock, they ran to get their friends to come see him.
I have to admit, I fell in love with him the minute I saw him. 
In fact, I first saw him while Jeremy was out of town. I called Jeremy and asked him if he was ok with me buying a puppy. He said, as long as it was a male Golden Retriever is was ok. I was done in by his sweet little face. He was only 3 weeks old when we bought him so we had to wait for 3 weeks before he got to come home. We had a couple of sleepless nights when he first got here. We had read that it was good for them to sleep in your room so they wouldn't feel lonely. We tried that for two nights and then decided that we needed to sleep so he moved down to the laundry room. It worked much better for both of us. Suddenly, he could sleep through the night without needing to go out for a bathroom break. He is growing like crazy! The kids love to play with him and help train him. It has now become part of our bedtime ritual for Jeremy to bring Max around to all the kids in their beds to say goodnight. They love it! He is a typical puppy who is wild and loves to chew and chase but we sure love him and couldn't imagine life without him now.

In fact, I first saw him while Jeremy was out of town. I called Jeremy and asked him if he was ok with me buying a puppy. He said, as long as it was a male Golden Retriever is was ok. I was done in by his sweet little face. He was only 3 weeks old when we bought him so we had to wait for 3 weeks before he got to come home. We had a couple of sleepless nights when he first got here. We had read that it was good for them to sleep in your room so they wouldn't feel lonely. We tried that for two nights and then decided that we needed to sleep so he moved down to the laundry room. It worked much better for both of us. Suddenly, he could sleep through the night without needing to go out for a bathroom break. He is growing like crazy! The kids love to play with him and help train him. It has now become part of our bedtime ritual for Jeremy to bring Max around to all the kids in their beds to say goodnight. They love it! He is a typical puppy who is wild and loves to chew and chase but we sure love him and couldn't imagine life without him now.
No comments:
Post a Comment